Pleasure Craft Operator's Certificate (PCOC)

If you operate a boat with a motor and use it for recreation, Transport Canada required that you have a proof of competency — something that shows you have a basic understanding of how to operate your boat safely and know what to do in an emergency. Proof of competency is required with all motor types (including electric trolling motors) and even when the motor is not in use (such as when sailing).

A Pleasure Craft Operator’s Certificate (PCOC) is one form of evidence of competency and can be obtained by passing a boating safety test. Usually the test is taken at the end of a boating safety course. For more information on obtaining a PCOC click here.

Station 25 often runs the PCOC courses. Contact us to find out more.