Boating Safety Overview
An important aspect of the mission of the RCM-SAR is to promote boating safety. A determining factor in the prevention of search and rescue incidents is effective boater education. Knowledgeable boaters are safe boaters and safe boaters are generally less likely to be involved in search and rescue incidents. The coastal waters in the Southern Gulf Islands attract thousand of boaters in a wide variety of craft from small open boats and kayaks to large sail and powerboats. RCM-SAR 25 provides boating safety programs;
- Boater licensing courses, such as Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC).
- Local school programs to educate children in safe boating activities and habit.
- Pleasure Craft Safety Checks (PCSC) at local marinas and boater rendezvous.
- This website! Click here for a Safe Boating Checklist and visit the other pages in the Useful Information section!
- Projects Under Development: